Code Of Conduct
BelPy is a community virtual conference intended for networking and collaboration in the developer community.
We value the participation of each member of the Python community and want all attendees to have an enjoyable and fulfilling experience. Accordingly, all attendees are expected to show respect and courtesy to other attendees throughout the conference and at all conference events.
To make clear what is expected, all staff, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, organizers, and volunteers at any BelPy event are required to conform to the following Code of Conduct, as set forth by the Python Software Foundation. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event.
Members of the Python community are open, considerate, and respectful. Behaviors that reinforce these values contribute to a positive environment, and include:
- Being open. Members of the community are open to collaboration, whether it’s on PEPs, patches, problems, or otherwise.
- Focusing on what is best for the community. We’re respectful of the processes set forth in the community, and we work within them.
- Acknowledging time and effort. We’re respectful of the volunteer efforts that permeate the Python community. We’re thoughtful when addressing the efforts of others, keeping in mind that often times the labor was completed simply for the good of the community
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences. We’re receptive to constructive comments and criticism, as the experiences and skill sets of other members contribute to the whole of our efforts.
- Showing empathy towards other community members. We’re attentive in our communications, whether in person or online, and we’re tactful when approaching differing views.
- Being considerate. Members of the community are considerate of their peers – other Python users.
- Being respectful. We’re respectful of others, their positions, their skills, their commitments, and their efforts.
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism. When we disagree, we are courteous in raising our issues.
- Using welcoming and inclusive language. We’re accepting of all who wish to take part in our activities, fostering an environment where anyone can participate and everyone can make a difference.
Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability, or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images.
- The real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of meetings or events.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. BelPy reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
Downloading, taking screenshots, photography, video, or audio recording of oral or poster presentations and slides is prohibited.
Consequences of misconduct may include:
- Immediate removal from meetings or events without warning.
- Restrictions from future BelPy meetings and events.
If you believe that someone is violating the code of conduct, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the event staff immediately. They can be reached by emailing [email protected].
In case of a conflict of interest, you can individually contact: